- Circulation: Nine hundred and seventy-five. Welcome all!
Note from the Mods: Please encourage friends on your friends list to join and send their news. If you have an announcement you would like to make, a fic you’d like to promote, a question you’d like to ask, we invite you to simply format it according to the rules on the info page and email it to email@example.com. You do not have to be a member to post but we are an open community and encourage everyone to join now. Only the mods may initiate new posts but comments are encouraged.
- • From TORn:
TORn Message Boards Weekly Roundup – April 24, 2011 - Welcome to our collection of TORn’s hottest topics for the past week. If you’ve fallen behind on what’s happening on the Message Boards, here’s a great way to catch the highlights. Or if you’re new to TORn and want to enjoy some great conversations, just follow the links to some of our most popular discussions. Watch this space as every weekend we will spotlight the most popular buzz on TORn’s Message Boards. Everyone is welcome, so come on in and join in the fun!
Peter Jackson Spreads his Wings - Aviation nut Sir Peter Jackson took a break from filming his Lord of the Rings prequel to show off his toys at the 10th anniversary of the Classic Fighters Airshow in Blenheim yesterday.
Robert ‘Fili’ Kazinsky Leaving The Hobbit Due To Personal Reasons - Peter Jackson has just posted on his Facebook page that Rob Kazinsky, cast in the role of Fili, is going to be leaving The Hobbit due to personal reasons. This is sad news for many of us too who came to know Rob over these past few months, and especially last week, after seeing him in The Hobbit’s ‘Start of Production’ video. Your family in TORn will miss you dear Rob… we hope you’re going to be fine, and we wish you all the best in whatever you do and wherever life leads you.
- Note from the Mods: We would like to invite the moderators of other fandom communities to become ‘reporters’ or ‘scouts’ for middleearthnews. All we ask is that you send us formatted updates on your own communities for posting here.
- Midsummer Retakes: This summer, we won't be running our customary "Midsummer Swap":/news/swap-stories, but instead we ask you to help fill one of the previous editions' unfulfilled requests.
- After a Lifetime by December (Rating: NC-17; with Faramir & Boromir, Aragorn, Unknown; When it all began, you simply took a blind dive into the unknown. But would have you offered your love to the one you worship, had you known the price he would have to pay for loving you b ack? Would you trust yourself to know between right and wrong? If you could see the hopeless end of your journey, would you still take the road? And when all was over, would you be blind to see a new road lying at your feet? Would you, Faramir? Added: Chapter 6; Warnings: Angst, underage characters, death (nothing AU), violence, humiliation, non-con, rape, mild het, miscarriage and homophobic attitudes. ; Work in Progress)
- Challenge by December: 25 Prompts: Write a story on a prompt. Any genre, any length, any rating, any pairing.
- If instead of these weekly updates, you'd rather hear about new Faramir fics and pics right away, you can friend faramirarchive
- If you have gen, het or slash fiction or art featuring Faramir that you'd like to share, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org -- we'd love to have it!
• From Faramir Fiction Archive:
New this week at the Faramir Fiction Archive, the archive that welcomes all fiction and art in which Faramir plays a major part, be it gen, het and slash, of any rating, in any language:
Archive Updates for the Week of April 22: OEAM News
• lotrips updates:
LOTR RPS fics posted in August 2010: August stories.
-- Ranger of the North (Aragorn, Pippin, Rating: G) by shirebound
-- Aragorn’s Promise (Aragorn, Frodo and Sam, Rating: G) by addie71
-- Interesting Expectations (Bilbo, Hamfast Gamgee, F/S implied, no rating) by romeny
-- No Need for Words (Dom/Elijah, Rating: PG, There is a surprise for Elijah this Easter) by i_o_r_h_a_e_l
-- Loyalty (Sean/Elijah, Rating: G, Maybe the movies were intended to be even slashier) by telstar_gold
Wither (Frodo, mentions of Sam, Rating: G, Frodo reminisces after the war and comes to a bittersweet realization) by keep_counting
- • eowyn_icontest challenge:
You have just under a week to enter Challenge No 165, the themes challenge, which closes on Friday 29 April.
- • htebazytook posted in hobbit_slash Senseless (Frodo/Sam, Rating: light R)
• miss_melilot Praise Them With Great Praise (Frodo, no rating)
• antane posted in lotr_community Naked in the Dark (Ftodo, Rating: PG, poem)
• lindahoyland Carefully Taught - Chapter 12 (Aragorn, Faramir, no rating)
- • Via The One Ring Forums: Movie Discussion - The Hobbit
What will we see at Dol Guldur? - I'd like a list of some of the things, creatures, characters and events we'll see at Dol Guldur...
Here's what I've got so far... More…
Idea for Tom Bombadil storyline - How about having Tom Bombadil take part in the assault upon Dol Guldor in the 2nd film? The wise could look upon Dol Guldor thinking that the fortress is tougher to take then they imagined. Then at the last minute, Tom Bombadil arrives having heard of the attack and after a bit of internal debate decided to take part in it. This might be a good way of featuring Tom. Also, not only does he take part, but he is vital to its success!
- • Our deepest modly thanks to those of you who continue to send in content for the newsletter. Thank you so much. We couldn't do this without you. ♥
- Rolozo Tolkien: THE painting galley! by Ryan Eric Lovett. "Rolozo" is derived from the phrase, Ryan Lovett Zone. Ugh. I've thought about renaming the site many times, but its been around too long to go back now.
- Today's BOOK question contributed by elanorgardner: What "Hero of the Age" did Sam see himself as when the Ring tempted him in Mordor?
All comments are screened so that only the mods can see the answers. Comments will be unscreened when the next edition is posted. Any comments on a different subject will be unscreened ASAP.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY talath_dirnen!!!
The mods would like to wish anyone having a special day the very best. Please send your special wishes to email@example.com.
- (Link contributions are welcome)
That’s it for this edition. Please send your formatted post for Wednesday’s edition by 8:00 a.m. (Eastern time) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for joining us and tell your friends!